Help Lee Busby win the U.S. Senate seat by donating.
Who Am I?
I’m a lifelong Alabamian and a University of Alabama graduate with a degree in economics and international finance.
I served 31 years as a Marine Infantry Officer with about half of that time as a reservist and the other half on active duty, including several years of deployed time following 9/11. I retired as a full Colonel in 2010. During my military service, I received the Legion of Merit (3 awards) and a Bronze Star.
I served in Iraq during 2007-2008 in Baghdad, Fallujah, and Ramadi in the Al Anbar province. I was the Deputy Chief of Staff for the Marine Forces Europe. I later served as Vice Chief of Staff for LtGen John Kelly at Marine Forces Reserve.
I spent a year in Afghanistan 2010-2011 working as a private contractor, specifically as the Deputy Program Manager for DynCorp International on a $270 million contract with the U.S. government to train the Afghan Army.
I’ve raised four children in a mid-sized town (Tuscaloosa). They were all educated in the Alabama public school system and are now, healthy, balanced, productive citizens, who are out on their own. My ex-wife and I divorced in 2009, but we are still good friends and mutual supporters.
I’ve been an entrepreneur and small business owner: LBI Investments – a Tuscaloosa-based asset management firm and Vulcan Brewing Company – a Birmingham-based brewery.
Early in my career (1984-1985), I was a blue-collar factory foreman in one of Alabama’s largest home-grown manufacturing companies, Diversified Projects Inc., founded by Fob James.
I was President & CEO of a multi-million dollar disaster response company (DRC, Inc).
I worked as an employee for several multi-national corporations, including Schlumberger, Northrup Grumman, Merrill Lynch, and DynCorp International.
I receive my health care through the VA.
I’ve spent the last few years as a sculptor creating bronze memorial busts of Alabamians killed fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. I’m also the conceptual co-founder of a recently created 501(c)3 foundation called the “Alabama Fallen Warriors Project”.
As an athlete, I received a bronze medal in the 2015 U.S. Masters National Decathlon Championship in the 55-60 age group.
- Washington Post: Retired Marine colonel to launch Senate write-in campaign in Alabama
- MSNBC: Morning Joe: Alabama write-in candidate says race is winnable
- Daily Mail (UK): Retired Marine Colonel looking to turn Alabama Senate race on its head
- Business Insider: John Kelly’s former top aide plans to launch a write-in campaign
- Time: Roy Moore Has a New Challenger in the Alabama Senate Race
- Breitbart: Former Marine Colonel Lee Busby Launches Last-Minute …
- The Daily Caller: CNN Anchor Badgers Alabama Write-In Candidate About Roy Moore
- Fox News: Marine colonel challenges Moore in Alabama Senate race
- Tuscaloosa News: Lee Busby will run as a write-in candidate for Senate
- Heavy: Colonel Lee Busby: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Washington Examiner: For conflicted Alabama Republicans, Lee Busby is the answer
- The Washington Times: Lee Busby, retired Marine, says he never supported Roy Moore
- Politico: Busby claims he won’t be a ‘spoiler’ in Alabama senate race
- AOL: John Kelly’s former top aide plans to launch a write-in campaign
- The Daily Caller: Former Marine Colonel Running As Conservative Write-In Against Roy Moore
- International Business Times: Who Is Lee Busby?
- Daily Beast: Marine Colonel Announces Run Against Roy Moore
- The Hill: Alabama write-in candidate insists he’s not a spoiler
- Pacific Standard: Retired Marine Launches Write-In Campaign for Alabama Senate Seat
- Tuscaloosa News: Duty, honor and family
- Southern Living: This Retired Marine Colonel Is An Incredible Sculptor